Book Haul December 2016

7:29 PM

Salam and hello guys. Its been a long since my last haul.. oh wait, I never make one. Hahaha. 

Mega Bookfair done, shopping done, I have all the checklist done for a book haul does it? So here is one, may my post brighten up your day especialy bibliophiles. 

I choose four books and yeah Alhamdulillah done with my 10 book to be read challenge this year today! The last book was Seruan Pertama where I'll be updating the review shortly later.


These are the books that I brought from bookfair (two of them) and the rest were from the bookstore (since they dont sell newly released on bookfair).


1. The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins
Genre : Mystery, Thriller

This a story about a girl named Rachel who took the same commuter train every morning. Only one day she witness something shocking and everything changes when she have the chance become a part of the lives she's only watched from afar.

I just can help myself with another mystery story, knowing that I'll be end with the third book of Cormoran Strike's Mystery. So yeah, two more books about mystery.

2. The Girl With All The Gift by M.R. Carey

Yet another kind of paranormal and mystery thingy. This book about a young little girl named Melanie, she enjoy being in classed but the way this book summary write about her is how dangerous she was and people kept her in cell like a captive.

I was eager to know who is she actually, why people act like she is a dangerous person. So I brought the book with high faith its gonna worth my time and curiousity.

3. Barefoot On The Wind by Zoe Marriot

A companion title to Zoë Marriott's critically acclaimed Shadows on the Moon, BAREFOOT ON THE WIND is a darkly magical retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" set in fairytale Japan.
There is a monster in the forest...
Everyone in Hana's remote village on the mountain knows that straying too far into the woods is a death sentence. When Hana's father goes missing, she is the only one who dares try to save him. Taking up her hunting gear, she goes in search of the beast, determined to kill it - or be killed herself.
But the forest contains more secrets, more magic and more darkness than Hana could ever have imagined. And the beast is not at all what she expects...
Just to make myself outta of mystery thingy, here is one vice versa genre from what I always brought. A fantasy fiction, about beauty and the beast retelling stories set in Japanese world. Yeah, all the sakura is what on my mind know.

Notes: I've been donning reading this one, it features fiction and how I love the setting of the novel (at least in my imagination), the book cover is stunning too. I like the main character albeit I hope for more romance between Itsuki & Hana San but who am I to judge other loves story? Lols.
My rating should be : ★★★☆☆

4. Hotel for The Lost by Suzanne Young

I thought my self already sick of with paranormal thingy books, nope I'm not! Haha. So here's one. 

Stay tonight. Stay forever.When Audrey Casella arrives for an unplanned stay at the grand Hotel Ruby, she’s grateful for the detour. Just months after their mother’s death, Audrey and her brother, Daniel, are on their way to live with their grandmother, dumped on the doorstep of a DNA-matched stranger because their father is drowning in his grief.
Audrey and her family only plan to stay the night, but life in the Ruby can be intoxicating, extending their stay as it provides endless distractions—including handsome guest Elias Lange, who sends Audrey’s pulse racing. However, the hotel proves to be as strange as it is beautiful. Nightly fancy affairs in the ballroom are invitation only, and Audrey seems to be the one guest who doesn’t have an invite. Instead, she joins the hotel staff on the rooftop, catching whispers about the hotel’s dark past.
The more Audrey learns about the new people she’s met, the more her curiosity grows. She’s torn in different directions—the pull of her past with its overwhelming loss, the promise of a future that holds little joy, and an in-between in a place that is so much more than it seems…
And the 13th chapter will only add to the mystery behind the 13th floor of Hotel Ruby...and ultimately, what it means for Audrey.

Welcome to the Ruby.


So thats all I've got for my reading companion for the end of 2016.
I bet you all have already make a haul on books. Would you care to share? :D

You Might Also Like

0 Comments