Book Review | Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

9:20 PM

Why just crows were much better than Cicak/Lizard thingy. Since the debut of Cicak Men I always wish that the plot gonna comes out well but full of cakes? Sugar pie me, pfft. Imma a muslimah so replacing swearing words with nicer stuff is a must. Swearing is forbidden tho. Its not nice to human kind.


Okay lets get back into the Six of Crows. I just love all the characters. They were all badass on their own way, kind of independent actually. And I have imagine all of those character were drawn in Manga style. Haha. Likes Crows Zero (tho I never watch any of its series).

I never thought that I'll enjoy a thug life story tho and I know some of my blogger friends were currently reading this therefore I try my best to not spoil the fun too much. Indeed this was the book that make you rethink to quit your job and be a thug whilst learning to possess awesome lock picking skills, the rewards was huge as I'll buy the whole Velaris for it.

Goodreads Summary:
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager
A runaway with a privileged past
A spy known as the Wraith
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes
Kaz's crew are the only ones who might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.

❥The Characters
Surprisingly I love all the main character, the six of them. They were super mysterious, kind of breaking free, stand on their own ass, their possess incredible power too. And thats makes the story interesting.
Source

I just love how Bardugo interact her characters. The character development was powerful enough together with strong background history for each character (I do really high expectation on this since ACOMAF), the gestures, the feeling, the nostalgic all of it just becomes a pieces of complete block of puzzle, its just had been arrange in the correct ways and a perfect timing, its all falls into the right places. Frankly like you reading a based on original human life story only its been fictionalise. 

Each chapters were told from different character perspective, I have trouble recaps a bit while starting to read it. Only on chapter 3 above I'm starting to imagine it (that the best things about reading books, you work with your mind and imagination, kind of close to magic right? and believe me it was satisfying).

❥The World Building & The Plot
Absolutely amazing, its like Ketterdam was really a big city. Only to be told on thug life's perspective. Ketterdam - Ice Court was both fascinating. 

It was really an adventurous journey, Im expecting nothing but satisfactions and awesomeness. And thats really what I got. The plot was tailored in logical manner, driven with human sense of curiosity, uncertain decision, feelings, past history and its all come together and form a really - I meant real masterpieces.

I wish I could have story told from Rhysand perspectives, but I dont think I can bear it. Lols. 

❥Recommend!
If you like fresh and original-nothing-to-be-expect or nothing-that-I-know about a book. Then here you go, the kind of story like Now You See Me plot. 

❥ Rating
★★★★★ (its deserved trust me)

I heard the second book was gonna be heartbroken. The kind of broke when you got your heart fixed you does not mind to get broken again for the very same reason. 

So did you red Six of Crows yet? XD

You Might Also Like

0 Comments