Book Review | A Court of Mist & Fury (ACOMAF) by Sarah J. Maas

9:49 AM

#4

Phew, that was fast. At last, the truth will be revealed, at last the plot will be twisted! This book was good. Its unpredictable, lots of secrets awaits to be told, betrayal, power fighting. Its all you can ever imagine on a life of immortal fae.



Before reading this I have dilemma and uneasy feeling because from ACOTAR I was totally immersed with Feylin (Feyre + Tamlin) relationship. Im afraid I must force my mind to forget what I had already know at ACOTAR. Only after 20 Chapters above that I stop being frustrated and embrace what should Feyre deserves. SAJ really done a satisfying masterpiece, for once, you'll think it as another love story but the sec you realize it was not and you just get your mind blowing because of it. 


Goodreads Summary :

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.
With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.


The Characters


❥ Rhysand - He is such a darling, loving and delicate little creatures. He was totally unique, the greatest star of ACOMAF. So handsome, so calm, so brave, I feel I just want to cuddle him and glamour myself as Feyre instead. Lols. 

❥Feyre - Since the incident on ACOTAR, she become stronger, truth to herself and become badass wicked and smart girl. They deserves each other against all hope and against all odd. Was totally immersed in Feysand relationship development. I can relate her so much. How from a breakable girl she changes into one who follow her heart. She was broken but then she healed. There is nothing can stop her. 



❥ Mor, Amren, Cassians and Azriel - they were truth to their friendship. They were introduce on ACOMAF, the circle that for me was the backbone of the book. They were kind, funny, have badass power and fight like they are not gonna die. They were special in every bone, risking their life for the sake of others, such a loyal member of the court and does want Feyre to be herself without having her to worry that they want her to change like whom they want.

I just hope these series turns into Avengers where all the heroes are super hard to be killed, even they were test into their edge, they still alive. I just wish none of these character actually dying.

❥ Annoying antagonist. One of the biggest plot twist in this book when an antagonist changing to protagonist and I approve and embrace that changes. 

❥ Mysterious comeback - I love this part where mini character from ACOTAR shown in ACOMAF, such as Suriel. Lols


The character turn out to develop really really well. Its just different from every aspect of characters that I usually found on other books. I love their background, how they become who they now, and for that SAJ, kudos!

The Plot Twist

The plot was mind blowing, a lil of bit a lil of that, you could be laughing at several pages and you could be thrilled at several later and a minutes later drown in love. It was so intense and make my heard begging whats next whats next. 

So much surprises and I like it, I love how I cant predict what happen next, the thrill was feed able and enjoyable nonetheless.

Plus there are more than three plot twist that actually hard to brain but that just the way it is. Leaving me with satisfactions and I reread it over and over. Thank God I have paperback + ebook copy so I can alternately use despite of where I am. 

The World 

SAJ make a real escape on her pieces of art where I found myself literally imagining her writing. Deep and real. That what I tot and thats what I feel. Wonderful, cruel and magical. ACOMAF was packs of action and brutal things also. 

Rating : ★★★★★ (I love it!)

P/s: This gonna be the only romance-fantasy fiction series that Im gonna read maybe for half a year. Since im done with romance fiction lets get back with all the paranormal thingy next week key? I consider myself lucky for not tearing but worst.. I'm falling in love with Rhys.. Hmm. Its hard to be bibliophile sometimes, especially the part when you fall in love with a fictional character. Haha. I guess that cant be help. And I have many rival, that cant be help either. 

Cheers and have fun on your weekend.

#cantwait

You Might Also Like

0 Comments